Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Start of Summer

Haha. I don't think this blog post bodes well, because I start it while a little child cries miserably at the table across from me. 


But it is now officially summer as I write this. And for two more weeks I will abide in Duluth, and then home to my family, my dog, my friends, and my Minneapolis. I think I will probably cry for joy when I get home. Not that being in Duluth has not been beautiful and absolutely wonderful. It really has, but now that Emily has left, the loneliness is starting to creep in. 


But, I filled my Saturday with lovely things and today have a rehearsal, so it's not like I will be completely alone. Yesterday I took a jaunt to the Lake and found a little wooden bench where I sat, soaking in the sun, listening to the waves lap against the shore, and soaking in some sunshine. It was in the low 80s, sunny, and utterly beautiful. While sitting there, I also started "The Artist's Way" program and because of all this time I have on my hands now, am determined to stick to. I CAN do it! I then proceeded to sit on the cliff-side rocks and admire the light reflecting off the water. Twas' the perfect summer day. In the evening I did some more Artist's Way, read through my script, and watched part of the Princess and the Frog. Being alone and doing all these lovely things was great, but I think the true joy of doing them lies in sharing them with others. We are not meant to live alone. God said this to Adam at the beginning of all things and it still rings true. "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone." We were created to take delight in fellow human beings. Not to selfishly go about our days by ourselves. But, as I am left to my own devices these next two weeks, I really have no choice but to be alone. And I will try to be as useful as I can be in that time. This blog post is kind of boring, so I apologize. It's kind of a word barf for me right now.


Ach! But I truly can't wait to frolic with my sister and dog at home once again! And cook and clean and bike and adventure. And I will leave you with the song of the day which is "Blue Skies" by Maxine Sullivan.


~With sincerity,
Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment