It is Sunday morning. And I am a very happy little girl. I just got in my first mainstage production at UMD and am in Tom Isbell's show, "Target Behavior". The show is a new script written by a student that is witty, gritty, funny, and heart-wrenching all in one and I play a character named Gracie who is schizophrenic, quirky, and LOVES cats. It will be a fun role, and I am so thankful. And to work with Tom Isbell in a show is really a dream come true.
And I have had a couple modern dance classes now, and if there is anything besides great acting that gives me goosebumps, it is modern dance. It is just so very human, rhythmic, and powerful. And it feels so natural and right to me. I'll also have to ask my instructor for the names of some of the songs she uses, because it is a mixture of drum music and other such things.
This morning I woke up early, had a cup of coffee, and listened to Sufjan. It was good.
I should probably go now to attempt to get something done.
I will write more later.
xoxo, Flo
song of the day: "Come Thou Fount" (Sufjan Stevens)

No comments:
Post a Comment