Golly wallace. I am so thankful for weekends. You wanna know why? Today I read Hamlet in a coffee shop, got groceries, took a walk in the crisp fall air, talked to my sister, took a nap, drew a picture, studied lines, made stuffing for dinner, and then made apple crisp while listening to "Rhapsody in Blue". I don't think a Saturday gets much better than that.
And yesterday I really felt like I was making progress in Laramie Project rehearsals and I had a success moment when I made the director and SM cry with one of my monologues. It probably sounds kind of silly, but I love to touch people in such a way that they cry. I think that is a beautiful thing. So, although I have a ton of work still to do with this play, this show is going to be an emotional powerhouse and I am honored to be able to put it on. And a great thing is that I get to put it on with many fellow believers in our Maker. I think that is pretty darn cool that in a public school theatre department there are 6 of us at least in this production that believe in the same God. That is something to be grateful for.
Emily also had a lovely talk session last night until 2 in the morning and gosh I love that girl. Yes, I have been very blessed this semester.
Tonight, I will continue to work on my lines, maybe watch a movie (really a novelty now that I'm at school), eat apple crisp, and take a bath. I'm really into that bath-taking-thing now. But I wish you a magical Saturday evening. Go find some fairies in the woods and make friends with them.
Love, Flo.

No comments:
Post a Comment