Monday, September 5, 2011

Góðan dag. Or good morning, in Icelandic. I slept like a very heavy and non-porous rock last night. More like a boulder than a volcanic rock. I have just been exhausted the past few days with move-in, audition preparation, and the many things to get done and people to see. However, my room here is very cozy (my overused but so useful word), we have a kitchen!, and there have been many lovely adventures like a picnic to Chester Bowl and an evening walk in the woods to the top of Bagley Hill with Emily. The whole realm of Duluth spread out before us like a placemat with the twinkling lights of the city as a main course and the stars overhead for dessert. We were a little creeped out for part of it and imagined bears or humans running out of the woodlands to attack us, but we were so obnoxiously loud that I don't think any animal or human had any desire to even attempt to run us over.


And today is the one last day of pre-school (not the school for little people and playdough) but actually before school prep. I still have to get ahold of books and dance supplies, practice my monologues, and pack up my backpack. Living with all theatre people, the intensity is absolutely overwhelming. There are lovely things like passionate enthusiasm and zest for people and life, but the anxiety which seems so common to people in the theatrical world can be a bit much. I long for a nice calm conversation. No panicking, no stressing for no good reason, and a good dose of common sense. I suppose I could be considered a typical intense theatre person as well, but living here makes me appreciate the happy non-theatre folk ever so much more. I'll have to seek out new faces this semester in order to keep sane. 




Hehe. And here is good ole' Ickle and Lardee. This picture gives me so much joy. The expression of Lardee's face is exactly how I feel today. But there are good things waiting around the bend. So now, I go to face the world with a determined glint in my eyes. You have yourselves a good day, ya hear?


p.s. I've actually been doing the artist's way the last couple of days, and if I can keep it up, I will be muy proud of myself.

Music of the Morning:

The Vince Guaraldi Trio (and linus and lucy just popped on and reminded me of an old classic peanuts computer game I used to play when I was a wee thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment