Today I have no school and I shall have no school until Tuesday. You have no idea how freakishly happy this made me. And I am celebrating big by reading books. I finished "Tale of Despereaux" which was quaint and cute, but a bit too morally for my liking. I don't like it when an author is trying to teach me things. I like to figure things out myself. Note to authors everywhere= don't dumb your audience or we will dumb you down. Sorry, didn't mean that to sound threatening or anything. But, I read all last night, sipped chai tea, and wore my gigantic green wool sweater which Heather and I decided is our sister exchange sweater. Nothing quite so comforting as a bulky big sweater.
Duluth has been major sweater weather lately. I am wearing a sweater right now to think of it. Duluth is also the city of windblown humans. Note to prissy ladies everywhere: "do not, I repeat, do not get yourself a perfect new 'do' and then take a trip to Duluth. You will regret it forever when the wind takes a blow at your pompadour and you are blown to Calcutta (or something)." If you don't watch yourself here, you will be blown into the lake. Seriously.
But I have come to love this town. True, it has it's dark and unattractive side as does any town, but there is a lot of beauty and friendly people here as well. And I feel so much more free here now than when I was cooped up in a dorm room all year. That is one thing I've learned about myself. I am really very much like Eowyn from the good ole' "Lord of the Rings". Aragorn - "What do you fear my lady?" Éowyn - "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." I have come to realize that what I fear most is to be caged up. To not be free. To feel like I haven't done anything of worth all my life. I crave adventure more than a girl really should.
But, living in my house I feel happy and free. And right now, unstressed and sipping coffee, I feel like a bumblebee. Not really. That just rhymes so I just felt like sounding a bit cheesy.
Have yourselves a sunshiney day folks.
Song of the Day:
"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

No comments:
Post a Comment