Well, this picture is almost to a T my new abode. It has been a delightful last couple of days in my castle. On Monday night Emily and I made dinner in our new place, feeling like the perfect little homemakers, I ran outside and picked dandelions, and we dolled up the table. After dinner with our other two housemates, we headed off to Grandma's for dessert where I had tiramisu and I felt like a little french girl. Emily and I then went on a little hike where we looked at old houses as the sun set and a paper moon came out to grace the sky. It was beautiful and magical. Back in our castle we had chai tea and watched part of Amelie. That movie never ceases to grab me with how much I relate to the main character of Amelie. If I was a movie, I think I would be Amelie. The combination of the bouncy and beautiful accordian/piano music, the warm colors, the emphasis on simple pleasures and joy, and the pure childlikeness create such a connection between me and this film.
In honor of Amelie, I think I shall narrate myself like in the film.
Carla likes:
Carla likes tearing paper into tiny shreds
Carla likes the smell of coffee on a chilly spring morning
Carla likes making people laugh with silly and random comments
Carla likes surprising people
Carla likes when bananas have the perfect tinge of green
Carla likes people who care passionately about something and are well-versed in that something
Carla likes accordians
Carla likes when her nose develops freckles
Carla likes seeing families laughing as they share their inside jokes
Carla likes to imagine herself as a sailor
Carla likes cuddling up with a good book for hours and losing oneself in a story
Carla like people who don't give a whit what others think of them
Carla likes staying in old hotels and pretending she is Sherlock Holmes while solving imaginary cases
Carla likes blowing milk bubbles
Carla likes the sound of waterfalls
Carla likes warm cozy muffins
Carla will continue this some other time perhaps.
As for now, I should go finish typing up my speech on C.S. Lewis which I am giving today and finish sipping my coffee. I gotta skeedaddle. So goodbye.
Song of Day: "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song"
I think I will bake cookies tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment