Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day

On this day back in 1884. Nope, I lied. On this day back in the late 1990s, Boopie and I used to put together little baskets filled with cookies and tulips and daffodils, and deliver them to our neighbors' doorsteps. And run away, giggling like maniacs.


I miss those days. And I miss the days of having the free brain space to think to do little things like that. Now that I'm in college, I kind of have to force my brain to take a breather in order to think of pointless things to do. It's like my brain refuses to do anything if it is utterly unrelated to school. 


But, only 2 more weeks of school, and then home for a weekend, and then back to Duluth for a month of Duluth summer, complete with a class in Public Speaking and the role of a witty page boy Stage 2's production of "Love's Labour's Lost". I really am very excited for this summer as I think it will combine many good things. I will be able to taste a bit of Duluth summers and be in a play at the same time, will be able to go home to be with the family and my Squishy the malamute, and will be able to go to Sugar Lake with Grandma and Grandma. I really am so very blessed and just forget to recognize that fact.


I also just realized that I have not blogged in eons, and I thought it would be helpful for my brain to release a bit of it's clogging on some sort of written medium. So here it is.


Ooohhh! I forgot to tell you. This week, I went to this random lecture on "Hiking the Inca Trail" which, as most random excursions turn out to be, was the highlight of my week. The lady talking very closely resembled Katherine Hepburn, was very engaging, and wore a 100% baby alpaca fur sweater. She was a nifty adventurous woman, let me tell you. It sounded so exciting as she described the steep trek and at the end her tour of Machu Picchu which is one of the 7 wonders of the world. Just walking amidst all that history would make my bones tingle with happiness.


And last night, it was all windy and cold and rainy and I cuddled up with popcorn and watched a fantastic film called "The Devil's Backbone". A Spanish ghost story directed by the director of "Pan's Labyrinth" it was beautifully creepy, sad, and even quite gory. But as usual, Guillermo Del Toro filmed it beautifully.


Right now I am sitting in the Engineering Building for no particular reason except for change of scenery and as I look out this little window there is a little patch of prairie in between the buildings. It has waving grasses and is very picturesque.


Anyhoo. I am attempting to be quite productive at the moment and it is really backfiring. So I should probably get back to it.


Nice talking with you.


And here is a nice picture of flying kites on a hill. That is where I would like to be presently.



I wish you happy sleep. Until later, chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment